At Hefner Road Animal Hospital in Oklahoma City, our goal is to make every surgical procedure go as smoothly and comfortably as possible for our patients. Our sophisticated pet surgery suite is not much different from a surgical suite you would see at a human hospital, due to the high-end anesthesia and monitoring systems we utilize. Furthermore, our team provides constant care to each patient, through their pre-surgical exam to their recovery. Call us at (405) 773-5557 to learn more today!
How Our Pet Surgery Capabilities Set Us Apart
We’re proud to offer treatment to our patients that is state-of-the-art, safe, and keeps them comfortable.
- Every pet needs to be thoroughly examined and undergo a blood screening to check for signs of disease and evaluate organ function.
- Our team uses “human-grade” anesthetic that leaves our patients’ systems quickly after surgery, resulting in less grogginess and a faster recovery.
- We provide laser therapy treatments to every patient after their surgery to decrease pain and swelling.
- We have heated tables for body temperature maintenance.
- Doctors and technicians use a sophisticated monitoring system to evaluate blood pressure, EKG, temperature, blood oxygen levels, and more.
- Technicians provide constant monitoring that is sensitive to changes in the patient’s vital signs to ensure instant detection and quick correction.
- We offer oxygen-warming units to keep pets comfortable while they awaken under technician supervision in our recovery area.
Attentive Post-Surgical Care
Post-surgical care sets the stage for your pet’s recovery over the following days or weeks. Before they’re allowed to go home, we need to make sure that they’re able to eat, drink, walk, and go to the bathroom without difficulty before discharging them.
Next, we take clients into a vacant room to discuss all aspects of their pet’s procedure and go over any questions or concerns they have. Furthermore, we send all of our clients home with literature and an after-care handout to help them know what to expect in the days to come. We can also provide resources for potential emergencies.
Does Your Pet Need Surgery?
Our doctors can perform these and other procedures to enhance your pet’s health:
- Spays and neuters
- Mass removals
- Ear and eye surgeries
- Oral surgery
Call (405) 773-5557 to talk to one of our team members or make an appointment online to schedule a consultation. Your pet is in the best hands when they’re with us.